Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Dickinson Farmstead Park
Historic Structure Assessment
Landmarks SGA was retained by Plymouth Township to develop a Master Plan for Dickinson Farmstead Park and to perform condition assessments of the complex of historic buildings on the site. The site can be traced back to 1685, when it was granted by William Penn to Francis Rawle. It eventually came into the hands of the Dickinson family in 1716. In 1971, The Plymouth Meeting Historic District, which contains the Dickinson Farmstead, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places and both the houses and supporting outbuildings were listed as contributing resources to the historic district. In 1979, The Plymouth Meeting Historical Society was granted care of the property (eventually leasing it) until they finally purchased it in 1997.
Landmarks performed a complete assessment of the conditions of the historic structures on the site to determine a list of priority items for the preservation of the structures. Landmarks also developed a reuse plan for the historic Stone Barn which proposed an addition to the rear of the barn to create an event space and plaza that could be rented out by the Township.
40° 06’ 15.86" N 75° 16’ 56.46" W
Programming & Feasibility