West Virginia Chapter of the AIA recognizes Landmarks SGA’s Historic Charles Washington Hall Rehabilitation with an Honor Award for Excellence in Preservation.
Landmarks SGA served as the lead design architect and preservation consultant for the restoration of the historic Charles Washington Hall. Originally built in 1874, serving as a market house and meeting hall, Charles Washington Hall has undergone a $4 million rehabilitation and had its ribbon cutting in April 2017. The building has a new life as a regional visitor’s center, farmers market, and café on the ground floor and a performance arts space above in the restored historic meeting hall on the second floor. The building’s streetscape was redesigned to create a historically appropriate setting for the hall and to support the modern uses, especially outdoor dining for the market and café.